Statistics from the National Association of Realtors (NAR):
- 80% of consumers did online research before they bought their last home
- Internet consumers spend an average of 5.8 weeks researching online
- Online consumers take 9.3 months until they list with a realtor
- Online consumers take 16.7 months until they buy a home
- Only 4-8% of online leads will close within 90 days
Online Consumers, on average, take 28 months to buy and sell real estate. Longer than any other consumer.
Consumer and realtor response:
- 32% of online consumers expect an immediate response from a realtor
- 19% expect a 30 minute response from a realtor
- 50% of realtors respond within 54 hours
- 50% of realtors never respond
This is a re-post from our Active Rain Blog – Realtors® can access this information directly through NAR – it was sent to us from a Realtor® in March 2009.